Master of Business Administration, also known as MBA, is one of the top courses students often pick after completing an undergraduate degree. It offers various options in the marketing and branding industries with significantly higher pay and perks. But getting into top-tier colleges is not easy. Don’t be disheartened because several other colleges offer equivalent exposure and come with a history of notable alumni.
The National Testing Agency of India conducts two exams on a nationwide basis: CAT and CMAT.
The majority of colleges consider CAT and CMAT scores. If your scores do not pass the selection criteria for IIMs, do not lose hope. We have a list of prestigious MBA colleges in Kolkata which accept CAT and CMAT scores.
The top 5 MBA colleges in Kolkata that accept CAT and CMAT score are as follows:
1. Calcutta Business School:
- Overview: Calcutta Business School or CBS is an Indian business school located near Kolkata. This college is a self-contained institution. The AICTE has approved this college’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management program. In 2014, it was called “Asia’s Fastest Growing Private Educational Institute.”
- Website: https://calcuttabusinessschool.org.in/
- Accepted Exams: MAT, XAT, GMAT, CAT
- Popular Courses: MBA/PGDM
- Ownership: Private
- Total Courses: 1 course across two streams
- Fee range: INR 3.42 Lacs
2. Institute of Engineering and Management
- Overview: The institute is established in Kolkata at the IT Center, situated in West Bengal. Affirmed by the AICTE, the Institute of Engineering and Management is a subsidiary of the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, which was once known as the West Bengal University of Technology. The NAAC has granted IEM Grade-A with a score of 3.25.
- Establishment year- 1989
- All entrance exams are accepted.- CET by MAKAUT, CAT, MAT, PGET
- Number of courses- 16
- Annual Fee- 3 Lacs
- Official website – https://iem.edu.in/
3. Xavier’s Business School University, Kolkata
- Overview: In 2017, St Xavier’s University was established in Kolkata, West Bengal. Xavier’s Business School includes BCom, BA, BMS, MCom, MBA, MA, and MSW as among the UG and PG courses offered by the private university. It has separate hostels for men and women, a food court, a gym, an indoor game room, and a library spread over 16 acres of land. The University Grants Commission has recognised St Xavier’s University in Kolkata.
- Accepted exams- XAT, CAT, GMAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA
- Official website-St. Xavier’s University, Kolkata (sxuk.edu.in)
- Fee range: INR 2,60,000 (per sem)
4. IISWBM – Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management
- Overview: It is Asia’s first business school to offer an MBA degree. It provides a variety of postgraduate, postgraduate certificate, short-term, and research programs. Professional professors, assistant professors and research fellows with extensive experience are among the faculty members at IISWBM.
- Year of establishment- 1953
- Institute type- Private
- Location- Kolkata, West Bengal
- Approved by- AICTE
- Affiliation- University of Calcutta
- Accepted entrance exams- CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ JEMAT/ GATE/ ATMA
- Application modes- Online and offline
- Annual Fee- INR 3.90 Lacs
- Official website- www.iiswbm.edu.
5. Calcutta University
- Overview: Calcutta University, also known as CU, is a government college in Kolkata, West Bengal. It was one of Asia’s first multidisciplinary and Western-style foundations, established in 1857. It is also recognised as a “Five-Star University,” and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council have given it an “A” rating (NAAC). The University Grants Commission has designated the University of Calcutta as a “Center with Potential for Excellence in Particular Region” and a “College with Potential for Greatness.”
- Establishment year- 1857
- Accreditation- NAAC Accreditation ( Grade ‘A’)
- Approved by- UGC
- Recognized by- AIU, AICTE
- Entrance exams accepted- Calcutta University Entrance Exam, CAT, XAT, CMAT.
- No. of Campuses- 14
- No. of Research projects- 10+
- Modes of application- Online/ Offline
- Fee- INR 16000 (2 yrs.)
- Official website- www.caluniv.ac.in
Keep in mind that when looking for the best MBA schools that accept CAT and CMAT ratings, it’s necessary to consider your preferences and needs. Check out the list of MBA Colleges accepting CMAT in Kolkata at https://www.shiksha.com/mba/colleges/mba-colleges-accepting-cmat-kolkata
Best of luck!